A paradise overlooking the sea
Cosmopolitan and tourist town Fuengirola is one of the preferred in Costa del Sol by national and foreign tourists. They find it quiet, relaxed and climatically excellent.
Its coastal position attracted people since ancient ages. Located in a magical place, Fuengirola is communicated with Malaga and the rest of Spain through the road A-7. Also the Pablo Ruiz Picasso international airport is only 20-25 minutes from downtown.
Fuengirola lives overlooking the Mediterranean. Its 8 km of beaches have “Q” distinction of Spanish Tourism Quality (ICTE) because of the great service and the quality of its waters and sand.
The climate of Fuengirola is especially soft in winter and normally always with a sun shining. The average annual temperature is 20 ° C and the temperature of seawater is : maximum annual (August) 26 ° C, minimum annual (December) 13 ° C.
A paradise overlooking the sea offers much more than sun and sand. Fuengirola is a modern town, which has kept its Andalusian flavor and the atmosphere of the southern towns. Its large tourist infrastructure has consolidated this municipality as one of the main holiday resorts on the Costa del Sol.
Routes of Tourist Interest:
- Promenade, one of the longest in Spain that frames the entire coastline front
- Marina, ideal for water sports
- Sohail Castle, legacy of the Arab period
- Bioparc Fuengirola, the only existing zoo in the Coast of Andalusia
- Roman Temple of Los Boliches
- Street España, one of the most important and ancient streets of Fuengirola
- Square San Rafael (named before Square Castilla)
- Parish Church
- Tourist mini train, which makes a nice tour of the wonderful corners of the city
- Water Park (between Mijas and Fuengirola), one of the most visited in the Coast
- Varietés Theatre, the only theater of Andalusia managed by foreign residents