Tradition, beach and golf
Mijas is a town located in a mountainous area eight kilometers from the coast, in the province of Malaga. It is one of the largest in the province, with 147 km2, and contains three urban centers: the village, the lagoons and the bay.
In Mijas Pueblo we will find small typical Andalusian houses, painted white and located on the hillside. Mijas is a town that will bring us a multitude of enjoyable experiences, both for seeing and for tasting, because we can enjoy excellent typical gastronomy also.
During high season tourists from all parts of Europe and Japan visit the town. Climbing up the mountain higher you will find the streets giving way to the stairs and prices in cafes, restaurants, and bars will go down.
Mijas Coast is ideal for those who want to enjoy tradition and culture of Mijas Pueblo, but not leaving behind the beach and the sea.
The municipality has twelve kilometers of coastline. We can enjoy its beaches repeatedly distinguished with the Blue Flag, taste the wide variety of seafood, paella and “tinto de verano” drink in the bars or practice diving, windsurfing or sailing in the Mediterranean Sea. Those who are searching to practice golf, Mijas is a highly recommended destination because it has one of the most famous golf courses.
Routes of Tourist Interest:
- The bullring, on the rock with an oval ring and quadrangular exterior
- Burros Taxi, unique transport originally from the sixties of the last century, ideal for a small tour across the village
- The Bullfighting Museum of Mijas, a museum about the history of the national holiday
- The old Arab wall, with gardens and a splendid view of the Costa del Sol
- Mirador de la Sierra
- The Carromato Max (miniature museum), between its parts we can find a letter written on the edge of a card and a portrait of Abraham Lincoln on the head of a pin
- La Casa Museo de la Villa (historical-ethnographic museum)
- Ermita Virgen de la Peña, the church excavated in the rock by Mercedarian friars in 1548
- Immaculate Conception Parish Church, sixteenth century
- Constitution Plaza
- Municipal Auditorium
- Contemporary Art Centre Mijas (with the second world’s most important collection of Picasso ceramics)
- Flour Mill
- The complex of twelve most popular golf courses on the Costa del Sol
- The Hippodrome of the Costa del Sol that hosts horse racing, horse shows and cultural events.
- The Mijas Water Park with fun attractions
- The Karting circuit