You have invested much money in a property. You are very happy to have it and never think something wrong will be happen.
“Why are I going to have a homeowner insurance if it is not mandatory?” In Spain, it is for all vehicles, but not for homes. However, I think: If I pay for the probality to have an accident and satisfy if I am guilty, Why not for the possibility in my house?
- If a pipe brokens and water damages to some neighbor property, you must paid all the repairs. It can costs a lot of money!
- The policies have personal Liability Protection, that also protects you against lawsuits if someone gets injured while on your home.
- The damage for fire. You can lose all in a fire. Your personal possessions, documentation… even a little fire can make you lose all. Have you thinked the value of all your belongings?
- A surge that damage you TV, your microwave, your fridge (and the food in it)…
- Stealing. The damage that the thief caused.
- Do you think to rent your property? The loss of rent.
- Broken glass…
There are several types of policies. It´s very important read all the conditions to be sure to sign up the most convenient to each one.